Next to smoothies my other favorite breakfast is yogurt parfaits made with fresh fruit. One of my favorites is McDonald’s fruit and yogurt parfait – strawberry yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and granola. It is also fun to make them at home. You can do all kinds of fun combinations.
Banana Blueberry Yogurt Parfait
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/2 cup vanilla or pina colada yogurt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2- 1 banana, sliced (if you use 1 whole banana that will give you 2 servings of fruit for the day!)
- Place 1/4 cup granola in the bottom of a glass or bowl.
- Follow with 1/4 cup yogurt and all of the blueberries (and 1/2 banana if using a full banana).
- Then top with remaining granola, yogurt, and banana.